top of page

Group

Public·92 members

People You Know X Starboy !!INSTALL!!

We used to be close, but people can goFrom people you know to people you don'tAnd what hurts the most is people can goFrom people you know to people you don'tWe used to be close, but people can goFrom people you know to people you don'tAnd what hurts the most is people can goFrom people you know to people you don't

People You Know x Starboy

Dum-dum-dum, da-da-dum-dum-dumDa-da-dum-dum, da-da-da-dumPeople you don'tDum-dum-dum, da-da-dum-dum-dumDa-da-dum-dum, da-da-da-dumPeople you don't (ooh)From people you know to people you don't (ooh)From people you know to people you don't

Dum-dum-dum, da-da-dum-dum-dum (ooh)Da-da-dum-dum, da-da-dumFrom people you know to people you don'tDum-dum-dum, da-da-dum-dum-dum (ooh)Da-da-dum-dum, da-da-dumFrom people you know to people you don'tDum-dum-dum, da-da-dum-dum-dum (ooh)Da-da-dum-dum, da-da-dumFrom people you know to people you don'tDum-dum-dum, da-da-dum-dum-dum (ooh)Da-da-dum-dum, da-da-dumFrom people you know to people you don't

This is not meant to be a formal definition of starboy like most terms we define on Dictionary.com, but is rather an informal word summary that hopefully touches upon the key aspects of the meaning and usage of starboy that will help our users expand their word mastery.

The Pop Song Professor project is all about helping music lovers like you to better understand the deeper meanings of popular song lyrics so that you know what your artist is saying and can enjoy your music more.

The song is about one moment of sex as Lana Del Rey and The Weeknd take on the parts of the two people taking part in the act together. It only lasts for a brief moment and seems to be more about capturing the emotion of the moment than giving details or spreading a message.

In the only verse of "Stargirl Interlude," Lana Del Rey sings about sex from her perspective, and while The Weeknd speaks more in the abstract later, she is very concrete in the imagery she uses. She sings, "I had a vision / A vision of my nails in the kitchen / Scratching counter tops, I was screaming." At first this sounds like maybe two people having a fight, but it appears to be more about sex when you read further into the lyrics.

The Weeknd doesn't stay much in "Stargirl Interlude," but he does comment on Lana Del Rey's character's relationship to his. He sings, "I just want to see you shine 'cause I know you are a stargirl." Because he is the "Starboy," he has the ability to grant that "star" status to others he knows. And the way to make this woman "shine" like a star is to have extraordinary sex with her.

"Stargirl Interlude" is short enough that most people will be doubtful that there's some deeper meaning to the lyrics, but I have two ideas. First, I think that deeper purpose of "Stargirl Interlude" was to meaningfully capture and reveal one small experience in a powerful way and to dwell on that. And as much as I don't like listening to songs about other people having sex, I thought this song was well done.

Second, I think it's interesting (though not comprehensive or condemning) that the way Lana Del Rey's character achieves "stargirl" status is by having sex with the "starboy." Not to be too much of a feminist here, but it seems sexist that The Weeknd wants to see her "shine" when having sex. If a star shines, and shining is the purpose or success of a star, it seems limiting to say that a stargirl is successful and who she was meant to be when she's having sex with a man. I think she should have just as much flexibility to shine as The Weeknd does.

Abel Makkonen Tesfaye (Amharic: አበል መኮነን ተስፋዬ; born February 16, 1990), known professionally as the Weeknd, is a Canadian singer and songwriter.[2] Known for his sonic versatility and dark lyricism, his music explores escapism, romance, and melancholia, and is often inspired by personal experiences.[3] His accolades include four Grammy Awards, twenty Billboard Music Awards, twenty-two Juno Awards, six American Music Awards, two MTV Video Music Awards, a Latin Grammy Award, and nominations for an Academy Award and a Primetime Emmy Award.

Before adopting the stage name the Weeknd, Tesfaye released music under the aliases the Noise and Kin Kane.[22] His current stage name was chosen in tribute to when he dropped out of school, took his mattress, "left one weekend and never came home." However, Rose claims the name was his idea.[43][44] The last 'e' was excluded to avoid trademark problems with pop rock band the Weekend.[45] In the beginning of his career, Tesfaye worked at American Apparel. Due to his anonymity, his co-workers listened to his music without knowing it was him.[46][47][48]

Tesfaye has named Deftones as one of his influences during the making of House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence.[254] He has also cited Lana Del Rey,[255] David Bowie,[256] the Smiths, Bad Brains, Talking Heads, DeBarge,[257] 50 Cent, Wu-Tang Clan,[258][259] and Eminem as influences and inspirations.[260][261] When Daft Punk announced their split in 2021, Tesfaye praised them during an interview with Variety, saying: "Those guys are one of the reasons I make music, so I can't even compare them to other people..."[262]

In June 2017, Tesfaye donated US$100,000 to the Suubi Health Center, a maternity and children's medical facility in Budondo, Uganda. He was inspired to support the center after learning of French Montana's work with Global Citizen and Mama Hope to help raise awareness for Suubi and the people of Uganda.[338]

On April 4, 2021, Tesfaye announced a US$1,000,000 donation through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to relief efforts in Ethiopia for people affected by the Tigray War.[352] On June 9, he met with the administrator of the United States Agency for International Development, Samantha Power, to discuss the humanitarian crisis of the Tigray War. During the meeting, Tesfaye was briefed on the latest developments and discussed ways of increasing public pressure so direct action can be made to help civilians.[353][354] Tesfaye was appointed as a UN Goodwill Ambassador for the World Food Programme on October 7.[355][356] On March 3, 2022, he partnered with the WFP to launch the XO Humanitarian Fund. Through the fund, Tesfaye will donate US$1 from every ticket sold at his After Hours til Dawn Tour, in addition to a US$500,000 donation, to the WFP.[357]

Tesfaye is known to be very enigmatic, and prefers to keep his personal life out of the public eye.[358][359] In the beginning of his career, he refrained from participating in interviews and instead chose to communicate via Twitter, which he attributed to shyness and insecurities.[360] To this day, he is still adamant about not participating in interviews, only agreeing to be interviewed in rare situations.[361]

Chocolate City Releases Love and Chocolate Vol 2 Compilation. Stream and Play Now Chocolate City Releases Love and Chocolate Vol. 2 Playlist Compilation. This playlist holds in its grasp the memories of how Love was from the early days of Chocolate City artists to now. It's a playlist that people can listen to while enjoying each other's lovely company.

(Refrain)We used to be close, but people can goNous étions si proches, mais les gens peuvent s'en allerFrom people you know to people you don'tÊtre des personnes que tu connais et devenir des étrangers And what hurts the most is people can goEt le plus effrayant est que les gens peuvent changerFrom people you know to people you don'tÊtre des personnes que tu connais et devenir des étrangersWe used to be close, but people can goNous étions si proches, mais les gens peuvent s'en allerFrom people you know to people you don'tÊtre des personnes que tu connais et devenir des étrangers And what hurts the most is people can goEt le plus effrayant est que les gens peuvent changerFrom people you know to people you don'tÊtre des personnes que tu connais et devenir des étrangers 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page